May 1, 2021
If you don’t read anything else in this letter, PLEASE READ THIS! (Sorry to shout, but I need your attention, dear friends!) At last, Spring is here, and it feels as if the new life and warmth we are experiencing is even more welcome as we see the Pandemic begin to lift. It has been a very long year since we last gathered in person. I’m excited that we are going to gather again in our beloved building on Sunday, May 23, at 9:30 AM. May 23 is Pentecost Sunday, when the Holy Spirit came to form the church. It’s our tradition to wear red on that day, so do get out your red and put it on for this exciting day! The reading from Acts for Pentecost begins: “When the day of Pentecost had come, they were all together in one place.” And WE WILL BE! Also, I’m excited that we will be baptizing Paizlee Peltier on May 23! It will be so wonderful to be together again!
The Session has approved certain rules and protocols for everyone’s safety. Here are the important things you need to know.
1. If you are planning to attend worship in person, we need to know. Call or email the church to tell us. If you want to worship online, there will still be a service for you. Again, if you are planning to attend worship on May 23 at 9:30, call 815-625-0452 or email email@example.com
2. When you enter the building, you can use one of three entrances: the main front doors, the handicap ramp door by the elevator, or the northwest door under the awning. There will be someone to greet you at the door and check you in.
3. When you enter, the greeter will take your name, invite you to sanitize your hands, and remind you that a mask is needed. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you.
4. You will need to be wearing a mask to enter, over your nose and mouth, and you will need to continue to wear your mask throughout the entire service.
5. When you come into the narthex, there will not be any tables set up and we will encourage you to be seated in the sanctuary.
6. Sanctuary seating will be distanced and areas will be blocked off. Households may sit together.
7. There will not be any passing of the peace or any other activity that involves physical contact – no handshaking or hugging, please!
8. We will have music, but we will not have any congregational singing or choir.
9. We will not have coffee or fellowship after worship and will encourage you not to mingle after the service.
10. We are SO excited to gather again – let’s continue to follow the protocol so we can meet every week without anyone getting sick!
Grace and Peace to you all,